After a long hiatus (having a young kid is time consuming…), my goal is to write more in 2021. Here is my New Year’s resolution for 2021.
Objective: Be a positive contributor to the machine learning and tech Internet community.
- Key Result 1: Write 10 blog posts that have >1000 views each.
- Key Result 2: Write 1 blog post that has >10,000 views.
- Key Result 3: Have >1000 Twitter followers.
- Key Result 4: Write >25 tweets that have >100 engagements each.
- I wrote 26 posts in 2016, 5 in 2017, 1 in 2018, 1 in 2019, 1 in 2020.
- My PointPillars post had ~900 views in 2019.
- My most popular post of all time is about the NSF GRFP and it has ~9000 views in 4 years.
- I have long been a reader of tweets, but only recently actually started using the app and tweeting. My default is to write long blog posts, but I’d like to see how much I can shift my writing mentality to contribute to the more agile Twitter discussions.
- I currently have ~35 followers and assume I can get to ~100 just by people I know in real life. So I see 1000 followers as proof of interacting with a larger community.
- For reference, my current most engaged tweet is a lame tweet about Die Hard that generated 27 engagements.
Look forward to writing more in 2021! Happy to hear some feedback on what topics I should cover.